Saturday, August 21, 2010

Retirement

Last weekend Mike and I got a taste of retirement living, full of lots of sun, the pool and early bird specials, in none other than Florida, the east coast retirement capital. We went down to Florida for the weekend to visit with my Grandpa. We've been enjoying our visits down to Florida for years now it was time for Mike to get a taste of it and I think it's safe to say that although he had to work for part of the trip he still enjoyed his visit.

I spent the majority of the weekend by the pool and by eating way too much food, especially considering I have a wedding dress to wear soon. We went to our favorite Italian restaurant, Il Mulino, followed by a night out on the town with Matthew & Mike, playing pool and having some drinks in downtown Ft.Lauderdale. On Saturday it was another tough day by the pool where I finished my book, Sarah's Key, and then had another delicious dinner. After that it was out to the Hardrock Hotel and Casino. Where Dad, Matthew & Mike enjoyed playing some blackjack, too bad Mike didn't hit it big.

It was a nice little weekend away. Mike already said he could get used to retirement living like this, which I can say I honestly wouldn't mind. Only like another 30 years till retirement...

Check out the view from the balcony, right on the inter-coastal and the beach is a block behind, not a bad view!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment