Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Beautiful Shower

WOW. Where do I even begin? I can't even begin to express my gratitude to all of the wonderful friends and family I have that gave me the most amazing shower I ever could have imagined. Never in my thinking did I ever think my shower could be as wonderful as this was. It was truly one of the best days of my life. I know a big part of it was surely my absolutely wonderful bridesmaids and mother and future mother-in-law that made this day so amazing for me. I feel so blessed to have had so many wonderful people there with me to celebrate our upcoming marriage.
Having been to many showers over the past couple of years I never thought this day would come. The four short hours of the party have to be some of the quickest hours of my life and I enjoyed every single minute of it. I can't even imagine how quickly the wedding day will fly by. Everything was just absolutely perfect. It was a beautiful day, the location was perfect in this beautiful sunny room, the food was delicious and the girls were so organized that they kept the shower flowing beautifully!
After some delicious food it was time to get to business and boy was there a large pile of gifts to open. Our friends and family were so generous, and we got so many wonderful gifts to start our marriage with. The girls had  their terrific assembly line going. Bridget & Michelle helped get the gifts queued up and ready for tearing, Dawn meticulously writing down all of the gifts and cards (this was extremely helpful later on), Hope was assembling the bridal ribbon bouquet (no funny hats please), Stephanie was in charge of all the trash, and Andrea she oversaw everything to make sure that we kept the process moving in an efficient manor while also getting the gifts properly put away and lined up to take back home after. I am so lucky to have such great friends that did so much for me!!!
We got so many wonderful gifts from all our pots and pans (for Mike to make us delicious sauce in), to a new vacuum (Mike says he also in charge of this one, score for me!), beautiful sun dresses from my mom to wear on our honeymoon to Hawaii, tons of plates and fun serving dishes and all kinds of other fun gifts and gadgets galore. I seriously think we need a bigger house to store all of these wonderful gifts we were blessed with. But my girls truly know me the best because they went with a wine themed gift. They got me a wine fridge so I can keep all the white wine cold for when they come to visit me and we'll have tons to drink. Lots of wine glasses to drink all this wine, they made me coasters and even got us some coasters with my new initial on it. And of course TONS of wine to drink with it along with an adorable poem.
I can't believe it's come and gone already but I have so many fantastic memories and tons of pictures thanks to my photographers (Bridget and Mommy Helen) who never missed a beat. I have so many great pictures and memories to remember it all. Now I can't wait to do it for the wedding, because if the shower was this amazing and overwhelming I can only imagine the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment