Sunday, March 4, 2012

Random Sunday Night Thoughts

I'm very behind on updating my blog lately. Right now I have about 9 other posts in my draft folder, some of them have been there since Christmas time. I guess I still haven't felt much like writing lately and also I have to be in the mood to sit down and write and I don't like to be rushed. Another random little fact, I also like to write while drinking a cup of coffee or a glass of wine. Of course not both at the same time. If I write in the mornings, which is usually only on the weekends I'll sit down with my morning cup of coffee. And if it's at night I like to have a glass of wine, like right now since it's Sunday night I'm enjoying a glass of wine with some grapes.

This post really is a random collection of thoughts. I had a productive morning yesterday. My Saturday morning ritual for the past two months has been the gym and weight watchers, all while Mike is still sleeping mind you. I've been following the weight watchers program again for 2 months, overall I've had success with the morning, some weeks though I gained slightly or stayed the same and other weeks were bigger losses, which is fine, I know I wasn't looking to lose a ton of weight, just really to eat healthy again and put the focus back on what I was eating and being more conscious about it, which I have been doing and feel great about. What I wasn't feeling great about, and Mike let me know his opinion as well, was the monthly cost. It was basically costing me over $80 for the past two months to lose six pounds since I'm still over my lifetime weight (plus the two pound buffer). So after thinking about it from a financial perspective I decided to change my lifetime weight up two pounds which now put me within that buffer. When I called weight watchers to update my subscription I was pleasantly surprised to find out I was not only being credited for next month which was prepaid but also this month as well, which was an added bonus and I get two months of the e-tools for free. While I would still like to lose a few more pounds to feel more comfortable I am happy about the financial aspect that now I can continue with the program which makes me focus on eating healthy and living a healthy life! And I'm pretty happy with the six pounds I've lost in the last two months too.

While I'm on the topic of being healthy, tonight I'm on the kick of reading some articles on eating organic. We were with our friends Joe and Gina today and the topic of organic products came up. Gina has celiac's disease so she is gluten free, and as a result is really conscious about what goes into her body. I was so surprised to learn that there is even gluten in hair products, I never thought about that before. I never stopped to think about that even shampoo and conditioner has chemicals in it that are entering your body. I would say over the past year I have been more careful about reading labels and trying to pick organic or all natural options, I really want to try and get even better about it. I was talking to Mike about it on the ride home and he seemed open to it. He was in agreement with my switch to only buying organic milk and we were talking about organic meat products as well. I am going to try and start shopping for more organic meat products and in the meantime it certainly couldn't hurt to buy organic shampoo as well. I really do want to take a more active role in consciously watching what goes into my body.

I'm also really happy that I went for the step certification training. It's been going well so far. I've been able to teach a couple of songs on 3 occasions now, building up each time, going from 1 to 3 songs. I'd like to think each time has been a progressive improvement, and I'm feeling a little more comfortable each time. I have to say I really enjoyed teaching the tracks, I think once I got the hang of it, it would be a lot of fun. There's 8 cardio tracks in the class, with an additional 2 tracks for core and cool down. Last week I taught tracks 1, 2 and 3, this week I'm going to attempt tracks 4, 5, and 6 and then hopefully next week I will be ready with tracks 7 and 8 along with the core and cool down. After that I can do a full class and send in my video of me teaching and then I'll be official!

When I was out running errands yesterday morning, I stopped at Michael's to pick up St. Patrick's Day cupcake liners, for my car bomb cupcakes I'll be making. While I was there I noticed some information on the cake decorating classes, I've wanted to take that class for so long but never bothered to look into the details. The class is starting tomorrow night and is only 4 weeks long on Monday nights. I never do anything on Mondays and none of my favorite gym classes are on Mondays, so on a whim I signed up. I'm looking forward to starting the class tomorrow night and then making some cupcakes with my new kitchen aid mixer.

That's all for my random thoughts for now :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment