Sunday, March 25, 2012

Mini Chocolate Chip Goodness

One of the benefits of working from home is that if before work I feel like whipping up something for breakfast I have my whole kitchen at my fingertips. I was originally planning to make these muffins to bring into the office one day but never got a chance to make them. When I was craving them before work I decided to make a quick batch since they are ridiculously easy to make, just add all the ingredients together, stir, no fancy equipment or lots of ingredients needed. My awesome Mother-in-Law also recently gave me a mini muffin (and jumbo muffin) tin when I had mentioned I didn't have one, so thoughtfully picked one up for me. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to try out my new muffin tin.  Of course this is another win for Skinny Taste. These muffins were absolutely delicious, and require a great deal of self restraint to not go back and want to keep eating them, especially the mini size that I made!

Ricotta Cheese Chocolate Chip Muffins
Source: Skinny Taste

2 cups self rising cake flour (Presto)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light
3/4 cup sugar
3 large egg whites
8 oz fat free ricotta cheese
1/2 tbsp vanilla
9 tbsp mini semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels

Preheat oven to 375°. Mix flour and baking soda. Mix and cream butter and sugar. Beat egg whites and add to butter/sugar mixture. Mix in ricotta cheese, then flour mixture and vanilla. Fold in chocolate chips and spoon into lined muffin tins about 3/4 filled. Bake at 375° for 15-16 minutes and let cool.

Mini Muffins WW p+ = 3 / Full Size Muffins WW p+ = 5

No comments:

Post a Comment