- Tuesday 8/25 - Going to look at our first DJ after work. We'll be meeting with Elite Sound Entertainment, who was recommended on The Knot NJ community board. I've been looking into the option of doing uplighting (Up lighting "washes" the walls of your reception room with stylish colors that can totally change the atmosphere and overall look of your room) and this particular DJ company does offer that option. I'm thinking uplighting might not be a bad idea since our room at The Manor is very dark and has dark wood paneling on the walls. I mentioned it to Mike and he seemed open to the idea - so we'll see how much it costs. More pictures of uplighting demos can be found here as well.
- Wednesday 8/26 - Music preview at our church (although it's a bit far in advance they must do these every few months or so). Assume we will be going there with other brides and grooms getting married there and will meet with the Organist and Cantor - which will be a good opportunity to hear them play/sing together and see if we like them. In the meantime I'm going to try and make a loose list of songs we'd potentially want for the wedding.
- Sunday 8/30 - Last but not least this week will be my trip to Kleinfelds in the city - which I'm very excited for! My mom and future-mother-in-law will be joining me and potentially my best friend and matron of honor Bridget. Even if I don't find my dress, I'm still excited to be trying on more wedding gowns. I've been compiling pictures of styles of dresses I like to bring with me.
A journey to the alter and after with everything from life, love, friends, being a newlywed, working on my domestic diva skills filled with lots of fun adventures along the way
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Coming Up
Not too much new to report on the wedding front, still just slowly looking around for ideas & vendors. This week we do have a few wedding related tasks on the agenda:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
busy girl!! keep it up!
ReplyDelete