Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Anniversary Dinner

I can't believe we're married 2 years already. I feel like this anniversary really crept up on us so quickly. I was originally hoping that we could have gone on vacation again for our anniversary to celebrate but unfortunately with the uncertainty of my job situation we weren't able to make it happen. So we shelved our vacation plans sadly. I was hoping we could've gone somewhere but maybe it's better we didn't do anything and it looks like we might have a big vacation to look forward to next year.

We didn't plan anything big for our anniversary this year, given it was on a Tuesday, and I also had to teach step class at the gym that night. Mike was really understanding about me having to teach. We were doing the quarterly release launch that night so I couldn't get out of it. So he decided to make us some late dinner reservations. I had been dying to go to a 'real' steak house for so long so Mike suggested we finally go to Morton's to celebrate and was able to get us an 8:30 reservation. After I got home from the gym and literally showered and got ready in all of 15 minutes (total) we were off to dinner.

The place was empty but it was nice, it was a random Tuesday night at 8:30 after all. We got seated in this nice booth where we were able to sit next to each other. Since Mike had made us a reservation indicating that it was our anniversary we even got 'special' menu's printed up with the date and saying "Happy Anniversary  on top which I thought was a nice touch.

We started off our feast of eating with some fantastic wine, I had a wonderful pinot noir, which was also accompanied by delicious onion bread, I love onions and bread, so together it was perfect. For our first course I strayed from the iceberg wedge salad to instead get this delicious chopped salad. I changed my mind when I saw this one had both cucumbers and avocado in addition to everything the wedge salad had, it was an excellent choice. Mike went with the lobster bisque which he said was really good too. Keep in mind the pictures are not the best quality since 1) they were with my terrible cell phone which the camera is not good to begin with and 2) I was trying to be as inconspicuous as possible in taking them and couldn't use the flash (per Mike) as it would draw attention.

For our main course I ordered the 6oz filet mignon. I prob should have gotten it medium rare, even though I'm not big on pink I think mine could have been slightly juicier, but it's my own fault. I tasted Mike's steak and it was fantastic. And even though the 6oz steak was pretty small, I couldn't finish it! I had to take a picture of the last bite that I left behind. Mike said that was probably like $8 worth of steak right there but I ran out of room. With our meal we also ordered the horseradish mashed potatoes and the sauteed spinach and button mushrooms. OMG the spinach and mushrooms were fantastic, I took the leftovers of that home with us, that might have been my favorite part.

Finally when we ordered our meals they asked if we wanted one of the warm desserts so Mike ordered us the upside down apple pie. Oh man even though I was so full this apple pie was delicious, it was warm and had green raisins and the vanilla bean ice cream, it was totally worth making room for. It was a delicious finish to our meal.


One of the other nice touches to our meal was that because Mike had put down it was our anniversary they also took a picture of us. I'm so glad they did. Keep in mind this is a scanned copy of the picture but I think it came out great. I'm glad I got a photo of us on our second anniversary! 

No comments:

Post a Comment