While we were away at the wedding last weekend we needed to find someone to watch Rocky. Normally when we've gone away somewhere we've either left the little guy with my parents or Mike's parents however this time it wasn't an option as Mike's parents were attending the wedding as well and it was just too much to go get Rocky back and forth to Long Island. We weren't overly keen on boarding him somewhere and didn't know of anywhere reputable to do so. So when two neighbors highly recommended their pet sitter, Cindy, we figured that was the best option.

From when we first met Cindy we loved her and felt so comfortable leaving Rocky in her care while we were away. She came over to meet him and find out all of the details to take care of him. She was going to come over 5 times to visit him while we were gone from Saturday night to Monday morning. She had her first visit with Rocky on Saturday evening, and I got a text message from her right away. The text message was too cute, it said, "Hi Mom, I just went for a nice walk. I pooped and peed and ate my dinner, now I am playing fetch with Cindy. Love, Rocky" And it included an adorable picture of him as well.


I looked forward to getting Cindy's text messages throughout the weekend. She texted each time she went over to check on him and let me know how he was doing and included a couple pictures. One time she wrote how he carried his green toy the whole time they went for a walk (which he does sometimes). Another time he carried his leash in his mouth while she walked him, so everyone knew who was walking who. She also brought her daughter over during one of the visits and she loved playing with him. And later on when they were playing inside, Cindy had treats in her coat pocket which Rocky discovered and then dragged her coat over and dug out the treats. He is such a funny little boy. We were so happy with all of the care that Cindy provided and we knew he was getting lots of love while we couldn't be there. I know Rocky is looking forward to seeing Cindy again!
No comments:
Post a Comment