Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Book Review - Perfect on Paper: The (Mis)Adventures of Waverly Bryson

This one wins the prize for longest title of a book that I've reviewed so far. Chalk it up to another one of my $1.99 purchases I couldn't resist even though I still had a ton of books already downloaded on my kindle, I went and got this one too, but I'm so glad I did. This book is absolutely worth the $1.99 price and then some. I really do love the quick light reads, its so easy to get into these types of books and keep reading along to see what the characters get into next.

Book Title: Perfect on Paper: The (Mis)Adventures of Waverly Bryson by Maria Murnane

Book Summary (From Amazon): Waverly Bryson is a successful businesswoman in her late 20s who almost has it all: a dream job in sports PR, two best friends, and a bar where everybody knows her name. What she doesn’t have is a ring on her finger. And after being ditched at the altar, she’s in no hurry to get one. Besides, plenty of other issues keep her busy, including her wayward father, a new rival at work, and an ever-nagging fear that her life is not turning out as she thought it would . . . or should. To stay sane, Waverly makes a habit of jotting down “Honey Notes,” self-deprecating bits of single-girl humor that she hopes to one day develop into a line of greeting cards. Can’t face the dating scene after a bad breakup? Honey, hit the bar, and hit it hard. Beer goggles are the lonely girl’s Cupid. As Waverly stumbles back into the dating scene (no stalkers or jean shorts, please), her personal and professional lives threaten to collide. Perfect on Paper reminds listeners that everyone has had a bad date (or twelve), and that everyone needs a best friend to tell them, “Honey, you are not alone.”

Book Review: I thought this book was really cute to see all the adventures that Waverly got herself into. There were plenty of bad dates to talk about with her two best friends, who are always there to pick her up and to laugh at all her antics. I loved her line when she would do something stupid and she'd say to her friends, "Hello I'm Waverly have we met?" I could picture me saying something exactly like that to my friends.

I'm not going to lie was it the most realistic book I've ever read, no, in terms of her greeting cards and where that goes. But it doesn't need to be realistic to get lost in a book to enjoy the adventures that Waverly finds herself in and how she gets herself out of each mess, usually though with some type of funny but embarrassing moment. It was cute to read about her story and it flowed together nicely.  I loved the ending, predictable  yes, but still enjoyable non the less. I already bought the second book in this series and can't wait to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment