Even when I got to the gym (quite early I might add) I was still all kinds of wound up. I think it came out on my first song, which was a new song I was trying to learn because I totally messed it up, I lost my spot and couldn't recover. Once I got past that and moved onto track two which I know really well it was much better from there. I built up my confidence and got past it. I was so happy when I made it to the of track 8 which is the cardio portion of the class, I literally said "we made it." That was a huge relief, aside from that first track I had made it through successfully and given a full class to actual members.
Since then I've now taught 4 full classes and team taught with Lauren a couple of times. As it turns out that first class lead to me teaching the next 4 consecutive classes. I taught the first two using the release I got trained on and then the second two using the April release and I even learned a couple new tracks to substitute as well. Aside from that very first song the rest of the classes went really well and I got less nervous each time I taught. Plus I learned even if I mess up but I don't let on no one else will notice which has given me more confidence and worry less about messing up.
The other instructor that teaches on Tuesday nights actually wound up tearing her ACL!!! Which is really bad news for her but it does work out for me that now I am getting to help teach her class while she is out for the next 6 months which will really help me get experience. Lauren and I have been team teaching and rotating her class. Plus this week will be launching the new July program which I'm really excited about! No matter what it has been a good experience teaching the classes, it is a lot of work and a lot of pressure to keep learning more songs but it has helped me get into really good shape and lose the extra pounds I had put on which makes me really happy. I'm def proud of myself for doing this and I look forward to getting better at it and continuing with it in the future. And hey I've already worked off the first $100 of my $700 that I paid to get certified, I'm on my way, and you def can't put a price on fitness.

No comments:
Post a Comment