Saturday, July 24, 2010

Summer 2010 Update

I feel like it's been a while since I've had a chance to sit down and work on my blog. For the past 8 weeks my life has been consumed by work and summer school, leaving little time for other fun activities (including wedding stuff and the gym). But I'm happy to say that I survived another class and the 8 weeks flew by. I spent the past month and half taking statistics class twice a week at night. But it wasn't too painful and now I'm done and don't have to go back to school until January. I am definitely looking forward to enjoying some time off.

We've only done a few small things for the wedding lately. One of them being meeting with our Priest, Father Andrzej, we had a really nice time visiting with him. While we went over some details for the ceremony, and chatted with him for a bit he also showed us all of the technology he had, including his iPhone and iPad, it was pretty funny how into it he was. Now we have to pick out all the prayers and readings we want done during the ceremony.

I can't believe we have less than 3 months to go till the wedding. Crazy to think that it's only 90 days away and will be here before we know it now. Everyone keeps asking what we have left to do, while Mike keeps saying "oh nothing" I know we still have some things to sort out (besides now forking over all the cash to our vendors). Most of the items are small things that we can't do until this point or later anyway, but here's what I think we have left to do:
  1. Sign up and take Dance lessons 
  2. Figure out remaining stationary items (escort cards, ceremony programs, table numbers, favor labels etc)
  3. Make out of town guest bags for guests staying at the hotel 
  4. Purchase wedding favors (I think we're doing jars of apple butter) 
  5. Purchase remaining gifts for bridal party 
  6. Pick out the guys tuxes 
  7. Make/purchase guest book for reception 
And then the standard meetings with the vendors to finalize everything. send out invitations and create seating chart and other things like that. Unless I'm forgetting something I really can't think of anything else we need to do and I'm sure we'll get everything done so I'm not too worried about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment