Sunday, June 6, 2010

Breakfast

One of my favorite things about the weekend has always been "weekend breakfast." Growing up during the week with school it was usually something like poptarts or cereal or frozen waffles, something quick and easy along those lines (today it's my usual yogurt or oatmeal). But every Sunday morning we always had a big Sunday breakfast, bacon and eggs (although there was a time period I wouldn't eat the bacon) but of course there was always the famous A&S Bagels that we picked up every Sunday morning. Even Mike loves those!

So imagine my delight that Mike's favorite meal to cook is breakfast, and boy is he known for it. Mike's breakfast in itself is famous. He makes the most delicious spread when we have guests stay over and he goes all out, everything from eggs, to pancakes, bacon, potatoes, and more. Yesterday morning after I fell back asleep on the couch Mike woke me up by bringing me a delicious plate of pancakes, coffee and orange juice for no reason at all. Needless to say I was pleasantly delighted by this wonderful Saturday morning surprise! I hope one day if/when we have kids that he'll make them the wonderful weekend breakfast that I always loved growing up and loves when he makes it for me now - It's my favorite meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment