Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Very Own Puppy!

After A LOT of begging and pleading with Mike, he finally gave in and caved and said it was ok for me to get a puppy. I know he's not really very happy about it but none the less he let me finally get the puppy I have been dreaming about for so long. No really, I must look for puppies almost daily and then try to pick out cute accessories (not clothes) but water bowls and things. I have been wanting a puppy for so long and now I finally got one. I know Mike must REALLY love me to be doing this for me, but I know he won't regret it.

My Mom and I just can't resist going to the Puppy store, so when I was home of course we had to go. Especially since I have still be thinking of the last puppy I saw there two weeks before the wedding. I know some people say not to get a dog from the pet store, but someone's gotta buy them. I know they say it is taking a risk since you don't know where the dog came from but it's a risk I was willing to take, there's no guarantees in life with anything (except for death and taxes). Plus even with a breeder there's no guarantees either sometimes.  (Thankfully so far he seems to be doing ok after getting a clean bill of health tonight from the vet)

Anyway as soon as my Mom and I saw him we were instantly in love. We knew we couldn't leave him there and were thinking about him all day. I called and pleaded with Mike but he was NOT having it, and did not want to even entertain the idea, I had all but given up hope. At this point my Mom was even thinking she would get him because he was just too cute to pass him by. I had resigned to the fact I wasn't getting my puppy and went back to Jersey where at first I was greeted by a cranky Mike. You could imagine my shock and surprise when he told me that I could get the puppy if I really wanted him and it would make me happy. I was delighted by this news.

So off my parents went back to the pet store to go bring home our new puppy, he is staying at my parents house until Thursday, since I had a work event that I had to stay overnight for on Monday and Tuesday and then school on Wednesday. I have been waiting anxiously for Thursday night to come so we can go to Long Island and pick up my puppy! I can't wait to bring him home. His Grandma though is quite enjoying having him there though!

30 Before 30 - My first one!
6. Get a Puppy - Check

No comments:

Post a Comment