I have to say our initial experience of going to register was a bit overwhelming and we didn't quite know where to start. Since I get tons of emails about different bridal events and activities in the area I found out about a "registry event" at Macy*s. I originally didn't think we would be able to go since it was on a Thursday and we play softball after work on Thursdays. However since we had practically an entire month worth of rain in June this year our game was rained out and Mike surprisingly agreed to go along.
We got our first try and playing with the registry gun! Mike was in charge of all the scanning. It probably took us a good twenty minutes or so before we could even decide on an item to scan, we weren't sure what to scan. We knew we weren't looking to create our entire registry but rather a few small items. We eventually settled on a few kitchen electronics like a sandwich griller, waffle maker -- that mike wanted, and my crock pot -- my current crock pot is older than I am and is in a classic orange and brown decor.
After a little more than an hour I could tell Mike was done with starting our registry and better to quit now while I was still ahead. While we didn't get much on there it was a start and now we can say we have a registry..... Oh and I went back a week or so later with my future Mother-in-Law and we made some good additions to the list!
No comments:
Post a Comment