Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Go To Freezer Recipes

I love to cook, although during the week I def do not have time to prepare a whole meal. Between working 10 hours a day in the office, trying to squeeze the gym in twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays, as well as book club, wine tasting, and other obligations there's little time to be had to make a whole meal from scratch during the week. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I don't even walk through the door until 8pm and then to start making a whole meal would be impossible, we wouldn't eat until after 9 and then there's still showering, clean up and any preparations for the next day. We're also not into take out every night either.

My solution - freezer meals! I'm always telling everyone all about my strategy, it works so well for us. I would rather spend a whole day in the kitchen, making one huge mess, and freezing everything, than trying to squeeze in cooking on weeknights. I do try and cook sometimes on a Monday though if I'm home. Wednesdays, Mike is at softball for the summer, so it's just me. And we save Fridays & Saturdays for take out or anything else we have going on. This is how we fill in the weeknight gaps for meals.

I got these awesome freezer to oven ready gladware containers that are awesome, they keep everything fresh and it's so easy. And you can use them over and over again too. We just defrost one of the meals the night before and Mike pops it in the oven while I'm at the gym and then we can have 'real' healthy dinner when I get home. The other great part is that I got the 8x8 size containers, which is usually 4 servings so just two nights of a meal. Before when I would make a recipe we would have to eat the same leftovers over and over again to use it up. This way I get two sets of meals to use from one recipe,  which makes my efforts go even further.

I thought I would try to compile a list of some of our favorite meals that have frozen well and still tasty yummy. Most of them, hmm probably all of them, are skinny Taste recipes, really can't beat them!

I'm sure I've got some of these and others in my freezer right now which make for the perfect weeknight meal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment