I am beyond excited about my gym opening a Hot Yoga studio there this fall. I've been doing hot yoga on and off the past year thanks in part to the affordability of groupon/living social vouchers. Which unfortunately has lead to not practicing with any consistency, mostly because yoga is not cheap. Single classes can be about $20 per session (slightly less if you buy a package.) Most recently, my friend Lauren and I have been using a voucher we bought for a place in Ridgewood, but it's kind of a hassle to get to, at least 20 minutes each way, parking is difficult, the classes can be quite crowded and there is no shower there (which is crazy right?). Even with all that I still love going to the classes. But now I will have a much more convenient option, right at my local gym!
I can't wait to finally be able to practice yoga on a regular basis. They posted the information for the types of classes they're going to offer and they all sound great, a nice mix. I'm excited to try each of the classes, they will offer the Bikram yoga which is heated to 105 to restorative yoga classes. I hope they're as good in person as they are on paper. Plus I am looking forward to going to classes on the nights I don't take step (Tuesday/Thursday). And they will have weekend classes as well that are early!
I went to a hota yoga class this weekend and I felt like a totally different person afterwards. Hot Yoga is such a great workout both mentally and physically. Plus you sweat your butt off, I went on the scale once before and after class, I had lost 2 pounds worth of sweat in the one class alone. It is ridiculous how much you sweat in class, but it feels so good. It's amazing to think of all the health benefits associated with practicing yoga, I've seen articles that talk about the benefits from lowering blood pressure to calming the mind and helping with anxiety and depression. I know yoga has helped me feel so much better when I am having a bad day and helps clear your mind and put you in a better mood. I can't to improve my flexibility and stamina. Less than a month till the studio opens, and I am already signed up and ready to go!
.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment