Sunday, May 15, 2011

How I Spent My Saturday

After baking for my brother last weekend and they loved my blueberry bread so much I decided to up the ante this week and back some more. I really enjoy baking, I think because I feel productive and love seeing the end result and working on taking pictures of it. One thing I don't like however is cleaning up the huge mess often associated with it. I had a tough time narrowing down recipes so I was crazy enough to make two different types of cupcakes, one chocolate, one vanilla. I settled on Snickers Cupcakes and Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes. I haven't tried them yet, well except for some of the pieces I hollowed out of the center of the snickers cupcakes but I'm looking forward to my family trying them today when I see them for graduation. I hope my brother and his roommates enjoy all the time and effort I put into these.

Oh, one more thing, it was hard to ice these cupcakes nicely since Mike threw out my icing decoration tips last time I made cupcakes, so they could look slightly better if I had the right tools to work with.
Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes
Source & Recipe: Annie Eats
Snickers Cupcakes
Source & Recipe: Annie Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment