In honor of our apple picking trip I am posting the now famous story of our first trip to the orchard when I ran over the tire.....
On one of our very first "dates" I had suggested to Mike that they go apple picking. After a lovely fall day in the orchard picking all kinds of delicious apples we were ready to head back home to Westchester. The orchard is located at the top of a "hill" and required driving down a long, bumpy, dusty road. So me (being the great driver that I am) decided to ride along side this road on the grass. When the time came that we had to get back onto this dirt road to exit the orchard, I "thought" I saw an opening. The grass and road were separated by tires to prevent people from doing exactly what I did driving along the grass. Driving a low Toyota Camry, I proceeded to head towards the dirt road driving OVER the tires. Well needless to say one got lodged underneath the car. Driving along with the tire underneath kicking up tons of dust, I then pulled over to the side of the road and got out of the car to inspect the situation. Panicked I said to Mike, "you drive, you drive." Figuring we had to at least get down to the road Mike agreed to drive. In order to exit the orchard there is a girl that collects your orchard ticket from you on the way out. She was casually sitting there painting pumpkins when we drove by her. It also happens to be a small hill to go down to the road right where the girl was sitting. Upon passing the pumpkin painting girl going down the hill the tire thankfully got dislodged on the hill. We looked back and could see the tire now sitting in the middle of the road but the girl kept on painting her pumpkins. It was one of our funniest and most memorable first dates and as part of our annual tradition every fall we make the journey back to this particular orchard. Although Mike has never asked me to drive back again.
No comments:
Post a Comment