Friday, October 15, 2010

My Little Charlie

I fell in love with that doggy in the window. I made the mistake of going to a pet store last weekend and falling head over heels in love with an adorable puppy. He was so cute, I went back two days in a row to see him. He was a male, cavapoo puppy, which is a mixture of a cavalier king charles spaniel and a poodle. I even gave him my own name, I called him Charlie. And I was seriously contemplating purchasing him, and I pretty much had Mike convinced as well.

I wasn't exactly in the market for a new puppy seeing as though I just started a new job and oh I don't know, getting married in two weeks. But my biggest qualm was that the dog was from a pet store. I know there are no guarantees with anything in life but you always hear these terrible stories about dogs from pet stores being from puppy mills and questioning their health. But man this dog was so cute I was almost ready to look the other way on all that. But a puppy is a big decision and before I could make that decision someone else beat me to the punch and adopted him.

I know it wasn't the right time for us and he wasn't meant to be our dog but I do now have Mike's agreement and full support to find us our dog after the wedding. I've been trying to find some cavapoo dog breeders but so far it hasn't been as easy as I had hoped. I have found one breeder I really liked so far and I just got our name added to a list for an upcoming litter that the dogs would be ready to go home by mid-December which would be perfect. I hope we find our dog, this could be it!

No comments:

Post a Comment