So in our attempt to look at bridesmaids dresses by the designer Saison Blanche, we randomly selected a Bridal Shop that was somewhat close to the other store we were going to be near. There was another bridal salon that I knew had been recommended but it was further away so we decided to go with the one that was closer just to see the dress.
The plan was to go try on the bridesmaid dress that my maid of honor Andrea had selected for us to wear for her wedding (I hadn't seen it yet) and then at the same time look at the dress I had seen by the same designer and we would try on each others dresses and my mom would take a picture.
We arrived at the salon and the woman was less than helpful with finding the dresses. She seemed annoyed that we did not know the style number of the dresses we were looking for. We did manage the located the two we were looking for and then were looking through the racks for some other dresses to try on. While doing this we were admiring one of the dresses on the mannequin so we inquired about to which we were told by the saleswoman, "I don't take dresses off the mannequin", so I asked "ok so do you have another one or something similar", her response - "no." You're a dress shop - how do you expect to sell dresses then if you can't try it on?
We then went on to try on our two dresses, and loved them both! We wanted my mom to take a picture of the two of us - No such luck - The woman was adamant that there are no pictures allowed. Bridal Gowns I understand this policy, you're talking about a custom thousand dollar gowns - but bridesmaids dresses that you can find in any store, a dress that cost a mere $168 that I can go to the next place and try on and take pictures of weren't allowed!
While trying on our dresses, I had on the dress for Andrea's wedding. To which the woman inquired to Andrea, well where did you purchase the gowns, Andrea told her 3x, I'm not from around here, and the woman refused to let it go until she gave her a name of a store!
The woman also couldn't be bothered to get us the color swatches for the dresses. When we asked if we could see them, she was like "oh I don't know if I have them, I'll have to go look." She seemed more attentive to her dog which was roaming around the store and standing on the pedestal than she did to Andrea and I. However when my mom was looking at dresses she was quite attentive.
It was an interesting experience, and although we love the dresses and the price was certainly good - we will NOT be going back there to order my girls bridesmaids dresses - that's for sure!!
No comments:
Post a Comment