Saturday, August 3, 2013

Charleston - Day 1

Way back in June, two months ago now, my Mom and I took an amazing trip to Charleston. Before we left I never quite got around to posting the itinerary I had planned for the trip I took to Charleston earlier And now here it is two months later and I never got around to posting about the actual trip either. So I will now attempt a brief recap of our fantastic trip!

We arrived in Charleston early Thursday morning. Our first item to take care of was getting some lunch we were starving. We stumbled upon Magnolia's, I did have this on my list of restaurants that I had researched before our trip. Let me tell you Magnolia's did not disappoint. Our lunch was absolutely incredible! We split a fried green tomato BLT which was amazing, along with a shrimp po-boy sandwich that was also equally amazing. This place was fantastic. We talked about it all weekend!
After our lunch we knew we had to get in a walking tour of the city. They were expecting remnants of a tropical storm to blow through Charleston for the weekend so we wanted to make sure we got a tour in before the bad weather hit. We did not think we were going to be able to make the original tour I had booked so on a whim we tried a different tour  company I quickly looked up on my phone. This also did not disappoint. Our tour guide Brian was fabulous. He knew so much information, he was wonderful. He walked us around some of the historic parts of Charleston giving us all kinds of great information and luckily we made it just before the rain hit!
For dinner we headed over to Blossom, which was equally as fabulous as our lunch. Let me tell you we had some excellent meals in Charleston during our weekend. This one did not disappoint us either! 
A great start to our little vacation, great food, great walking tour and an adorable town!

No comments:

Post a Comment