Second book of the new year, although I don't think I'll come close to reading as many books this year as I read last year, with getting home from work and the gym late, showering and getting ready for the next day there's not as much time at night to read as before when I didn't have much of a routine to get ready for. This was another library ebook loan, although this one had a very long wait list for, I think I waited several months for my number to come up, but not like I was waiting on pins and needles for it and had nothing to read in the meantime. I can see now why it was so popular and was well worth the wait.
Book Title: I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
Book Summary (From Amazon): Poppy Wyatt has never felt luckier. She is about to marry her ideal man, Magnus Tavish, but in one afternoon her “happily ever after” begins to fall apart. Not only has she lost her engagement ring in a hotel fire drill but in the panic that follows, her phone is stolen. As she paces shakily around the lobby, she spots an abandoned phone in a trash can. Finders keepers! Now she can leave a number for the hotel to contact her when they find her ring. Perfect!
Well, perfect except that the phone’s owner, businessman Sam Roxton, doesn’t agree. He wants his phone back and doesn’t appreciate Poppy reading his messages and wading into his personal life.
What ensues is a hilarious and unpredictable turn of events as Poppy and Sam increasingly upend each other’s lives through emails and text messages. As Poppy juggles wedding preparations, mysterious phone calls, and hiding her left hand from Magnus and his parents . . . she soon realizes that she is in for the biggest surprise of her life
Book Review: This book was adorable, as far as chick lit goes, it gets an A in my book. It was fun to read and honestly was slightly different from what I was expecting. The author made what could be a pretty far fetched storyline into something that felt natural and eased into the progression of the relationship. I enjoy Stophie Kinsella's writing style and think it was really cute. I was highly entertained and engaged with the book throughout the entire story and found myself wanting to read on to see what the next adventure was going to be for Poppy. Definitely a fun chick lit read I would recommend!

No comments:
Post a Comment