Sunday, September 23, 2012

Bronx Bombers

In my mind there's nothing better than a baseball game to capture my idea of a perfect summer night. So when my Brother invited us to go to a Yankee game with him and his friends, of course we were interested. Ironically I had been trying to persuade Mike to go to that same game, but he didn't accept my invitation, only Matthews.

Mike and I got there really early, in an attempt to beat out the traffic driving in from NJ, so we had plenty of time to walk around and take in the sights, as well as get me a new Yankee Stadium Hard Rock Cafe pin to add to my collection! I made Mike take my picture next to the giant Yankee baseball hat as well. While we walked around I took inventory on what my food options were for the evening, not going to lie, they were pretty limited. I have to say I think Citifield takes the cake in my mind for being the nicer baseball stadium in the area.
Matthew and his friends finally arrived, I think somewhere in the 3rd inning or so and then the fun began. Matthews best friend, also, Matt, was home from London on vacation and brought his adorable British girlfriend Sophie, and was giving her the grand tour of NYC, which included going to a Yankee game. They indulged in purchasing a foam finger as well for the occasion which as you can see provided great entertainment value. 
All in all we had a great time minus the Yankees losing that particular game, that part wasn't cool, but it was still a fun, but expensive time. One thing I will note is that it is not cheap to go to a Yankee game, not that anything is cheap these days. I think in the end for the 2 of us we ended up spending close to $150 for the night and that was with sitting in the bleacher section! I can't believe how expensive it is to go to a baseball game these days and this was being pretty moderate in our spending. Here's our costs broke down for the evening, I thought it would be fun to write it down so in 5 years from now I'll probably be saying this was a great deal! 

George Washington Bridge Toll - $12 
Parking - $35 
Bleacher Tickets (2) - $40 
Round of 2 beers - $12
One hotdog and one sausage sandwich - $14
Round of 3 beers - $33 

I can't even imagine going with a family of four, good thing there's only 2 of us right now, but it was definitely worth it! 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great night out1 I'm glad you were able to get some cheap seats at the stadium! I always seem to overpay for our tickets when we do decide to go.

    P.S. I'm obsessed with Rocky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! We did have a fun time no matter the cost!

      And thanks for the comments about Rocky! We're pretty obsessed with him too!!! He's the best :-)

      Delete