There's actually a few fun miscellaneous wedding items and updates that I never got a chance to write about. With the end of the semester, work being crazy and a busy personal schedule, I realized I missed writing about a couple of fun items. So let's see....
- We've got a location for our Rehearsal Dinner. My future in-laws went on a small quest to find a nice restaurant in the South Orange area (which is near the church). I know my future Mother-in-Law did an extensive search to find the best atmosphere and food for us. They settled on Giorgio's Restaurant in South Orange, a wonderful Italian restaurant where we'll have our own private room. While Mike and I haven't been there yet we are looking forward to trying it with Mike's parents in the near future. I'm sure it will be as good as they say!
- I probably should have started with this one, I'm happy to say that I finished another semester of graduate school. I completed two more classes this semester, in Compensation & Staffing. Once again the semester seemed to fly by. Hard to believe I'm down with another 2 classes and even better that I only have 3 more classes left in the program. I'm not looking forward to spending my summer in school taking statistics, but at least then I'll be down to my last 2 classes and one of my professors even agreed to sponsor me in an independent study for my last elective class so that was good news. And before I know it I'm sure graduation will be right around the corner - I'm getting so close now!
- Last month on a whirlwind day, where my Mother and I literally drove circles around Long Island and covered almost every major highway, we went to so many places in one day it made my head spin. Well mostly because of looking for a dress for my mother, but more on that later. Three of the items that I did pick out for myself were, my shoes (plus shoe clips), headpiece and looked at veils. My Matron of Honor, Bridget, directed me to a fabulous place that sells wedding veils and headpieces. Looking at veils was somewhat overwhelming, we didn't know where to start, plus the store was so crowded. We plan to go back (and take Bridget with us) to make a final decision on the veil. In the meantime I did pick out a headpiece from there that I really liked (see picture above). And Bridget also sent us to a fabulous shoe store where I found these shoes (in a lower heel) and I also got a pair of these shoe clips to go along with it. The clips really change the look of the shoe. I'll have to get them dyed slightly to ivory to match my dress, and after the wedding they'll even dye the shoes black for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment