Sunday, October 4, 2009

Super Sonic

For years (or so it feels like) we have always seen commericals for 'Sonic' but there was never a sonic to be seen or heard of - until recently that is! A few months ago we noticed that a brand new Sonic has appeared on Route 46 near our house. But every time we drive by, wether early or late they are always packed. Cars are always spilling out onto Route 46 and at times there has even been a cop directing traffic. So when we had to go to Men's Warehouse, located right next door, we decided to walk on over and check it out - since driving in didn't seem like an option.

I was amazed by how many cars were waiting there to pull into a parking spot and be served their fast food by a server on rollerblades. I attempted to be a waitress at Applebees (that lasted for about a month - I was a horrible waitress) and that was on two feet. I cannot imagine skating around on rollerblades while delivering food and drinks in a busy parking lot. Needless to say I would not be very coordinated at doing so.

We ordered our Chicken Strip Dinner & Drink (for a mere $3.99) and some cheddar poppers on the order board (there's no inside to the restaurant) and sat outside and waited at a table for our food to be delivered to us by a server on rollerblades. All & all it was good food for the money considering it was still fast food. They had a little bit of a different variety than your traditional McDonalds or Burger King. But man did those shakes look good - but I don't think my wedding dress will fit if I had those all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment