Saturday, August 4, 2012

Wedding Weekend Festivities

Another long overdue post that I'm quite behind on but didn't want to overlook was the rest of the wedding weekend because there were quite a lot of festivities that weekend aside from the main event. Mike was in charge on planning the Bachelor party which began bright and early on Thursday morning. A round of golf at The Grandover resort, with a small group of the guys. After that Mike planned a big steak dinner for the guys at a local steak house where they had their own private room. What happened after that we're not privy to, it's probably best that way but I'm told they had a fantastic time. Which Stephanie and I can attest to since we were at the apartment when all of the guys got back in the early morning hours and it was clear that good times were had by all.
 Meanwhile the girls had a day of pampering. Starting out with a wonderful brunch. They even offered a mimosa flight of 3 different types of mimosa's, needless to say I partook in that one, the food was also delicious!
After that we were on to the nail salon to indulge in some wonderful manicures and pedicures, we even brought our own pink champagne along for the event, I think it's safe to say everyone enjoyed this part of the day.
 Finally while the boys were out enjoying their steak dinner we enjoyed a fantastic dinner over at Sam's house, where she was kind enough to host the whole lot of us. Her house is beautiful, I would love to have a house just like hers one day. It was a quasi pot luck dinner too so we had a whole variety of dishes to pick one. Stephanie's Mom, Cathy, made her famous pulled pork which was my first real pulled pork sandwich and it was fantastic. We all ate way too much that night!
Jumping ahead to the day of since I didn't include that in the wedding day post, so I'll put it here. In the morning the girls all headed to the salon together for hair and makeup, once I got us to the correct place, no thanks to the lack of help from my GPS, but we arrived with plenty of time. The salon went right to work on all of us and made everyone look ravishing, especially the bride. We had our own little brunch there as well in a private room, it was so much fun and the perfect way to start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment