Mike had to go to the city last week for work for a big team meeting they were having. They even put him up at a nice hotel so that he could be close and did not have to worry about commuting in for the meetings every day which was great. On the last night he invited me to come to the city to meet up with him and his team and join them for dinner and drinks in the city. I happily obliged his request to come to the city.
Although it took me at least 90 minutes to drive the 35 miles to get to the city it was well worth it. I was ok with the drive until the last block when a delivery guy on a bicycle was driving literally in the middle of the road with pizza boxes hanging off his bike and a cab cut me off and prevented me from going into the parking garage I needed and then I had to go all the way down and around again, I eventually made it there. Once I got there, one thing I will say is I was surprised at just how small the hotel room was that Mike had. I know it's NYC and all and I am used to small standards but I am just glad that I was not visiting from out of town and gotten this small closet size room.
For dinner we went to this Greek restaurant called Molyvos. It was very good, although I must admit I am more of a traditionalist with my Greek food, or maybe it is more the American version of Greek food. All in all though it was a great meal, no complaints on the food.
Anyway, this is all just my usual rambling since all I really intended to do was post a picture of the two of us someone took at dinner.....

No comments:
Post a Comment